DAV College, Sector- 10, Chandigarh
Students are admitted to the college on the basis of merit and an interview conducted by the Admission Committee. Candidates must present themselves for the interview at the time of admission. Candidates who do not appear for the interview will not be considered for admission. The candidates must produce all the relevant certificates in original for the verification at the time of interview failing which they will not be considered for admission. The college reserves the right to refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason. The students seeking admission on the basis of having passed their lower examination from Board/University other than Panjab University are advised to submit their original Migration certificate and marks sheet at the time of admission. Marks would be verified from the Result Gazette. For admission, fraction of marks less than the requisite percentage would not be rounded off to the advantage of the candidate i.e. 32.9%, 39.9% and 49.9% shall not be rounded off to 33%, 40%, 50% etc. The college is not responsible if the university does not approve of the admission of a candidate who has made some wrong or incomplete statements, hidden some necessary facts, or attached false or incomplete documents. All admissions made are subject to approval of the Panjab University, Chandigarh and according to eligibility criteria laid down by it.
How to Apply
Applications on the prescribed form appended to the Prospectus should be submitted to the college office as per admission schedule. The form should be complete in all respects, with all supporting documents at the time of submission/interview. Separate Application Forms need to be filled for applying to more than one programme/ course/stream.
- Normal Admission 07-07-14 (Monday) to 15-07-14 (Tuesday)
- Late Admission to be allowed by the Principal of the college with a Late Fee of Rs. 500/- per student. 16-07-14 (Wednesday) to 28-07-14 (Monday)
- Late admission in the college to be allowed by the Vice-Chancellor with a late fee of Rs. 1,800/- per student 30-07-14 (Wednesday) to 20-08-14 (Wednesday)
Completed Application Forms for Admission to First Year of:
- B.Sc. Hons. (Bioinformatics)
- B.Sc. Hons. (Biotechnology)
- B.Sc. (Medical, Non-Medical, Computer Science, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics)
- All P.G. Degree Programmes
are to be submitted to the college office by 1st July, 2014 (Tuesday)
For ongoing classes students are requested to present themselves for interview to their respective admission committees with completed application forms as per schedule.
- Before submitting the Application Form, please note down the serial no. of the form.
- Mere submission of Application Form does not ensure Admission.
- Merit lists for Admission to the above classes will be displayed on the college Notice Board on 5th July, 2014 at 11:00 am and counselling will begin from 7th July, 2014 at 8:30 am as per the following schedule.
- The Student should deposit their fees on the day of admission otherwise it will be treated as cancelled.
- A Wrong statement of facts or willful concealing of information may lead to cancellation of the admission of the student.
Documents to be submitted with the Application Form
The following documents should be attached to the application form for admission:
- Self attested copies of Board or University Certificates showing the date of birth and details of previous examinations passed and detailed marks certificates. (Original Detailed Marks Certificates issued by the University or the Board should be produced at the time of interview)
- Self attested copy of the certificate of good conduct from Head of the Institution last attended.
- Three copies of recent passport size photograph. (One pasted, two stapled).
- An affidavit in duplicate from each candidate having gap year seeking admission to the College/Department to the effect that he/she was not disqualified by any Board/Body/Council/University and he/she was not already registered with the Panjab University (wherever applicable), In case the candidate was disqualified, the period of disqualification and the activities in which the candidate was involved during the period of disqualification, should be indicated by the candidate in the said affidavit.
- A student will have to submit a personal affidavit about the marks to the college in case the result gazette is not available with the college.
- Original Migration Certificate/No Objection Certificate in case of candidates seeking admission to the college from Universities/Boards/Councils/Bodies other than Panjab University. Migration Certificate should be submitted before 20th September, 2014 because it must reach the University office by 30th September, 2014.
- Certificates relevant to claim any reserved category status.
- Certificates in support of claim for weightage/weightages.
- Eligibility Certificate, wherever applicable (compulsory for foreign students) from Deputy Registrar (General) Panjab University.
- In addition to above Foreign Students have to produce the following documents at the time of counseling/admission:
- Original Passport with long term visa.
- A certificate of registration from the local police.
- AIDS clearance certificate.
- No foreign student will be admitted without the approval of the Dean Foreign Students.
- An attested photocopy of Residence proof/Aadhar Card/Voter Card/Passport etc.
The college follows the reservation policy framed by the Panjab University/Chandigarh Administration. Reservations in seats for admission, wherever applicable, for the following categories of students exist in the college:
- Scheduled castes/Scheduled Tribes.
- Dependents of Defence/ Para- Military personnel/Kargil War affected, etc.
- P hys i ca l l y / V i s u a l l y H a n d i ca p p e d persons.
- Children and Grand Children of Freedom Fighters.
- Dependants of Victims of Terrorist Violence in Punjab and Chandigarh, 1984 riots.
- Widows/Divorced women
Two Additional Seat for (i) One Girl Child out of the only two girl children (ii) One additional Seat for Cancer Patient (iii) AIDS Patient and (iv) Thalassemia Patient for the session 2014-15
Two additional seats are created for those girl children for admission to a given course provided they are otherwise eligible from all angles. The Additional seats will be only for those girl children who are either a single girl child of her parents or one amongest the only two girl children with no male child.
An affidavit on a stamp paper worth Rs. 20/- duly attested by 1st Class Magistrate to be obtained from the parents of the girl children declaring therein that the benefit of this scheme is being claimed for only one girl child out of the two.
One Additional seat each for the student suffering from Cancer, AIDS and Thalassemia has been allowed subject to the condition that the candidate seeking admission under each of these categories if otherwise eligible from all angles.
The following is the criteria of reservation of seats, wherever applicable.
For U.T. Pool Candidates: 85%
For General Pool Candidates: 15%
85% of the total seats will be filled up from amongst the students who have passed their qualifying examination from schools/colleges recognised by Chandigarh Administration and situated in Union Territory, Chandigarh, as regular students of the said school/college subject to the condition that such students must have studied for two years at Chandigarh and have passed one lower qualifying examination from these schools, Colleges. These seats will be termed ‘U.T. Pool.’
The remaining seats, 15% will be filled from amongst the students who passed their qualifying examination from the institutions other than those located in the Union Territory Chandigarh. These seats will be termed ‘General Pool.’ Certificates from appropriate authorities should be submitted along with the application form to claim benefit of reservations.
The holders of NCC A, B and C Certificate shall be given the weightage in marks for admission as follows:
- A – 1%, B – 2% and C – 3%. A maximum weightage in marks of 4% for distinction in any or all the co-curricular activities achieved in any of the 3 years preceding the year of admission is permissible.
- For NSS and other weightages in Adult Education and Function all iteracy on production of desired certificates as per PU. Chandigarh rules.
- These weightages shall not be used for determining eligibility for admission as prescribed by the University under its regulations.
Late Admissions (Only if seats are available)
A student whose result of 1 0+2 examination in February/March conducted by a School Board is published late, but not later than 10th August of the year of admission, may be admitted without late fee within 15 working days of the declaration of the result and his/her attendance shall be counted from the date of admission. This would be applicable to students of Open School Board also. After expiry of this period, the late admission approval from the Vice-Chancellor is required.
In the case of Panjab University students who have already appeared in any of its examinations and the result is declared late for one reason or the other, the admission cannot be said to be a case of fresh admission. They are already midway of the course/class. In their cases, admissions to the next class/course are allowed within 10 days, from the date of communication of the result, without charging any late fee.
Admission is strictly on merit.
Admission After Re-Evaluation
Admission of students whose results are revised as a consequence of re-evaluation or otherwise late declaration of result, can be made only if :
- Seats are available
- Candidate is higher in merit than the candidate in waiting list.
- The request is made before the last date for late admission with the prior approval of the Vice-Chancellor as already laid down.
The following Rule in the P.U. Cal. Vol. III, 2005 at page 398 will be followed in case of re-evaluation cases:
“If as a result of Re-evaluation, a candidate passes at the examination, he/she shall be eligible to seek admission to the next higher class with in ten working days of the communication of re-evaluation result to him/her. His/her attendance shall be counted from the date of his/her admission. However, no candidate would be granted admission on the basis of re-evaluation result after 31st December of the academic session. In the case of admission to a course having Semester Exam. the date will be October 15.”
In the case of late declaration of results due to any reason other than re-evaluation: That in the case of Panjab University students who had already appeared in any of its examinations and the result was declared late for one reason or the other, while they were in the midway of the course/class, the admission to the next class/course be allowed within 10 days from the date of declaration of the result, without any late fee but not later than 31st December of the academic session. In the case of admission to a course having Semester Exam. the date will be October 15. The Vice Chancellor may sanction admission of such candidates whose results are declared after 31st of December with subsequent ratification by the syndicate.